Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Lost day

I am no stranger to blacking out. It just hasn't happened in quite a while.. until yesterday. I know I started drinking early. I don't think I left my apartment. I really don't remember much of anything that I did. I checked my phone to see if I texted anyone. I had 3 emails from my mom that I hadn't read. I can remember Sunday, but yesterday is a blank. My only clear memory is waking up to sheets covered in vomit, showering, changing the sheets, and going back to sleep. I also set my alarm for a couple hours before I needed to get up, so today didn't start well.

I had therapy this morning, and I was already feeling off. I couldn't bring myself to explain that I couldn't remember what happened yesterday because it seemed really pathetic that I have been back in my apartment since Sunday and I am back to blacking out. My therapist is already bringing up rehab, but I need to somehow get my shit together and find a job.

I went to my parent's house after that. I had lunch with my mom and brother, then we saw a movie and had dinner. I barely ate dinner because my stomach was not too happy. I also was shaking a bit today.

I am home now. I brought my cats back to my apartment. I feel bad taking them back to the mess that is my apartment, but Nermal at least seems happy to cuddle.

I am doing therapy twice a week now. I am hoping I can do more than stare at the floor and try to piece together memories of the past few days when I go Thursday. Tomorrow I need to manage to buy some groceries and try to do something productive.

1 comment:

  1. I know I've not commented much of late. First, I want to say I'm sorry things didn't go well with rehab. I wish they could deal with suicidal gestures more appropriately, like finding a higher level of care where they can manage those incidences, instead of kicking you out. It's never made sense to me how treatment centers can do that.

    I really hope the therapy helps. I hate that you're struggling so much, and that it's so hard to find appropriate support.

    Keep hanging in there, lovely <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete