Sunday, May 28, 2017

Sleepless nights

So the first day at my parents house was largely me crying on the couch. I smuggled vodka in my bad and hid it in a closet because I knew I would go into withdrawal otherwise. Of course I drank at night in bed, but I also vomited 3 or 4 times plus several times over the previous days. So Saturday I was almost too weak to stand and walk. I managed to go grocery shopping and drink a smoothie, but it was really obvious that I was dehydrated. I finally told my parents I needed to get to the ER.

My hands were shaking so hard the nurse had to help me tie the gown. I was put on saline and a banana bag plus ativan. They did an ekg and chest X-ray and labs and another liver ultrasound. Finally at around midnight they say they were admitting me. I declined psych referral, so I am in a medical ward hooked up to an iv pump and heart monitor. Still haven't seen the doctor, but the nurse is nice. They didn't order my Seroquel, so another night with zero sleep. But I have my phone and the TV.

Seriously hope my labs are better and they will just send me home tonight with librium and potassium. Then I can make it at my parents house for a few days while the rest of my fate is decided

No comments:

Post a Comment